Monday, October 11, 2010

The Book I choose

When I see the research paper book list, the first book I want to read is “Lost in Translation: A Life in a New Language” by Hoffman, Eva. I want to read it because the title, just like my life now –a life in English. I am very interesting in that. So I choose that to read.
I want to know how the author thinks about the new life, why she moved out her county and also does she enjoy her new life, does she want to move back? For me, I am living in the USA because of my new family. I did not have another choice. Maybe that is good for me. In here, the big problem for me is the language—English. So now, I am learning it. Even though it is so hard for me but I still try to do as best as I can.
I choose that book also I want to know what kinds of difference between the author’s new life and my new life or I can learn something new from her. Maybe I can find something common between us.

1 comment:

  1. this is the same reason i chose the book, how are you liking it so far? hope you enjoy it as i am. see you in class

    ReplyDelete